Think you know Germany well? Maybe you’ve visited the country or lived there and picked up some typical German habits without realising it or because you find them cool. Let’s find out how German you are!
1. Like a true local you use slang like “Na?”, “Tja”, “Jein”, “Bescheuert”, “Alles klar” and “Mach’s gut”!
2. You love to take a hike—literally! Life’s all about being active. Walking, cycling, trekking, playing…
3. You need a break from the city from time to time. After all, you need a dose of nature! It’s good for the soul.
4. You’ll buy anything with the word “Bio” on it. Organic rules!
5. Imagine crossing when the Ampelmännchen is red? Never!
6. It’s potatoes all the way for you! Fried, roasted, boiled, anything goes as long as it’s potato!
7. You never leave home without an umbrella.
8. When someone says they’ll meet you around sixish you cringe! Punctuality is sacrosanct for you.