HAMBURG: THE GATEWAY TO NEW OPPORTUNITIES
Hamburg is more than living up to its reputation as “the gateway to the world”. When it plays host to the 2017 G20 Leaders’ Summit on 7–8 July, the eyes of the world will turn towards the city. The heads of state and government, delegations from the G20 countries and thousands of media persons will all gather in Hamburg for the summit. What’s Up, Germany? takes you on a quick tour of the second-largest city and the biggest port of Germany.
TEN MIND-BLOWING FACTS
1. Hamburg has more bridges than Venice and Amsterdam combined!
3. The Beatles began their career in Hamburg.
4. This city has more than 40 theatres, 60 museums and 100 music venues.
5. Hamburg’s Miniatur Wunderland is the world’s largest model railway exhibition.
6. In 2011, Hamburg was voted the greenest city of Europe. It has 29 nature reserves!
7. Inaugurated in 1897, the city’s town hall or Rathaus has 647 rooms!
8. Tierpark Hagenbeck was the first zoo in the world that had no barred cages.
9. Hamburg is home to more millionaires and billionaires than any other city in Germany!
10. Nearly 25,000 people work in the renewable energy sector in Hamburg.